[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2019-12: M&A Legal Jurisdiction Exclusion

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Oct 23 13:38:56 EDT 2019

Joe,

On M&A, I agree it’s a corner case, but there is the possibility of a scenario
involving marriage, divorce, adoption, etc. to fall within section 8.2.
Not sure it’s a sufficient case to bother addressing.

I do like the additional clarity, but agree that we should avoid language that
is specific to corporations.

Suggest:

“M&A activity resulting in the surviving legal entity having no presence in the
ARIN service region will be permitted and such entity may retain any existing
number resource holdings under their existing ARIN RSA.”

I believe this addresses all natural and artificial legal entities in virtually all
cases mentioned to date while preserving the core intent of the original proposal.

Owen