[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2019-12: M&A Legal Jurisdiction Exclusion

Joe Provo ppml at rsuc.gweep.net
Thu Oct 17 16:06:01 EDT 2019

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 01:08:36AM -0500, David Farmer wrote:
> comments inline;
>
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 8:00 PM Joe Provo <ppml at rsuc.gweep.net> wrote:
>
> > Per this and additional private commentary, I'd suggest we
> > keep it simple to speak directly to the matters within the
> > section where the change is made (8.2 transfers) and therefore
> > add the following to section 8.2:
> >
> > "M&A activity resulting in the surviving legal entity which
> >  is not incorporated in the ARIN service region will be
> >  permitted to hold only their existing number resources
> >  directly allocated or assigned by ARIN."
> >

> I support this change to the Policy Text;
>

> > Would that address the desire for clarification?
> >

> I think this clarifies the situation without giving the impression that an
> organization can obtain resources from ARIN without being
> incorporated within the ARIN region.

Bill, Marty - does this address your concerns (by sidestepping
the additional legal language :-)?

Owen - does this address your concern or can your clarify how
it doesn't?

> > Do the previous existing supporters, detractors or those
> > who held neutral opinions have further input?
>
> It might provide additional clarity without cluttering section 8.2 by
> adding the following to the other comments section of this Draft Policy;
>
> To clarify more broadly, a legal entity incorporated within the ARIN
> service region is necessary to receive any allocation or assignment from
> ARIN. Therefore, in the scenario postulated in the problem statement, the
> organization would have to re-establish itself within the ARIN service
> region to receive additional resources from ARIN, while it can continue to
> hold the allocations or assignments made prior to any merger, acquisition,
> or reorganization activity.

That's a great suggestion - thanks.

Joe

--
Posted from my personal account - see X-Disclaimer header.
Joe Provo / Gweep / Earthling