[arin-ppml] ARIN 2019-13

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Oct 17 13:40:07 EDT 2019

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 4:15 AM <hostmaster at uneedus.com> wrote:
> As has been pointed out, if Court is required it takes place in Virginia.
> However when it becomes time to actually force compliance with that
> Virginia judgment, one has to establish that judgment in the non-Virginia
> place which if this passes might be halfway around the world. What the
> assessment is pointing out is that process could be quite messy if they
> are no longer based in the ARIN region. Courts in other parts of the world
> do not care for the USA, and in fact there is a bias against the US. That
> was the risk identified.

Hi Albert,

As far as I know, cancellation of the contract and revocation of the
resources is ARIN's sole recourse regardless. It's not clear to me how that
requires any participation on the registrant's side beyond the core legal
nicety that you have to tell someone you're taking an action against them
and give them a chance to respond. I am, of course, happy to learn more
about how things could get legally stuck. In fact, it seems to me that if
we would make this proposal the best policy draft it can be, we need to
understand how it could get stuck so we can write around the problem.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin