[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2019-12: M&A Legal Jurisdiction Exclusion

Joe Provo ppml at rsuc.gweep.net
Tue Oct 15 20:53:54 EDT 2019

<ARIN AC hat but using registered posting address>

On Wed, Oct 09, 2019 at 01:50:17PM -0500, David Farmer wrote:
> I think additional clarification is necessary, I propose the following
> updated policy statement to clarify this issue.

Thanks for the specificity David!

> M&A activity resulting in the surviving legal entity which is not
> incorporated in the ARIN service region will be permitted to hold number
> resources *previously *allocated or assigned by ARIN*, however to receive
> any additional resources from ARIN, a legal entity within the ARIN service
> region is necessary*.

Per this and additional private commentary, I'd suggest we
keep it simple to speak directly to the matters within the
section where the change is made (8.2 transfers) and therefore
add the following to section 8.2:

"M&A activity resulting in the surviving legal entity which
 is not incorporated in the ARIN service region will be
 permitted to hold only their existing number resources
 directly allocated or assigned by ARIN."

Would that address the desire for clarification?

Do the previous existing supporters, detractors or those
who held neutral opinions have further input?

Thanks!

Joe

</ARIN AC hat>

--
Posted from my personal account - see X-Disclaimer header.
Joe Provo / Gweep / Earthling