[arin-ppml] Of interest?

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Sat May 18 23:05:40 EDT 2019

In message <B112E4E4-9C22-4EFF-B472-0C1DFA693902 at arin.net>,
John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:

>ARIN requires the verification of organization as an active, legally regist=
>ered business, in good standing, within the ARIN region.   This does involv=
>ed confirming the the incorporation of the business against the state busin=
>ess registry in the state provided by the applicant.

In that case I stand corrected and I ask that all of my prior comments in
this thread be stricken from the record, so to speak.  (I understand that
it is both impractical and inappropriate to remove my posts from the
archives, but people can do me a kindness and just forget what I posted.)

If, as you say, ARIN *does* check that an entity which initially claims
to be in state X is in fact incorporated in state X at that time, then
yes, there is nothing more you can do, or that I would even suggest you do.
That -should- be enough for more normal purposes.

The only other thing that might even theoretically be possible would be to
have ARIN insure some sort of correspondance between WHOIS records and what
the company has asserted to ARIN, regarding it's whereabouts.  But I do
suspect that even a mere suggestion along those lines would be a total
non-starter, so just forget I even mentioned it.  Seriously.

My apologies to all for the wasted electrons.

Regards,
rfg