[arin-ppml] Of interest?

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Thu May 16 15:40:00 EDT 2019

In message <98EA0DB9-E347-40C6-A31E-362A07DB98DC at arin.net>,
John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:

>	I am not commenting on any particular matter, but note that ARIN has asked
> for copies of government-issued identification in the past, and that is not
>an assured protection mechanism (just as requiring notarized documents
>cannot be 100% relied upon.)

John,

You made a clear and unambiguous assertion, i.e. that ARIN, as part
of its vetting process, requires copies of personal identification
documents.

As I noted, the official and public legal filings, including transcripts
of comments made in open court by ARIN's legal counsel, Steve Ryan,
state that none of people who were represented, to ARIN, as being
"officers" of these various ficitious entities... entities to which
ARIN assigned several MILLION dollars worth of valuable property...
ever actually existed.

So I ask again, whose pictures were on the personal identification
documents that you have claimed ARIN has been collecting, as part
of its vetting?

In lieu of a response, would it be wrong for unbaised observers to
conclude that, contrary to your assertion, ARIN has -not- actually
been either asking for or obtaining personal identification
documents for any officers of any of the companies to which ARIN
is routinely awarding great gobs of valuable property?

It would be Nice to believe that ARIN *is* doing proper vetting of
applicants, including but not limited to requiring copies of
personal identification documents.  But the evidence at hand
unambiguously suggests that this is not in fact the case, and that
ARIN does and did assign lots of valuable property to phantoms.

I may be alone in this view, but that is not my idea of "good
stewardship".

Regards,
rfg