[arin-ppml] Of interest?

Brian Reid reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Wed May 15 16:00:32 EDT 2019

When I applied last Fall for ARIN resources including an AS (issued as
AS397138) they required significant documentation of my business and a
copy of my business license. The City of Palo Alto had issued a business
license marked "Reid    Brian", which was good enough to open a bank
account, but the ARIN employee with whom I was dealing was a stickler
for detail and wanted clarification as to which were first and last
names; I asked the city to re-issue it with a comma in there (Reid,
Brian), which they did. My ARIN-issued ORG-ID remained RB-365 even
though it ought to have been BR-365. But no one felt there was a
possibility for fraud in the character sequence of my ORG-ID.

Clearly there are policies being enforced right now. Perhaps they need a
little tweaking, but there is definitely some filtering taking place.