[arin-ppml] Micfo

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Tue May 14 23:08:09 EDT 2019

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 9:01 PM Ronald F. Guilmette <rfg at tristatelogic.com>
wrote:

> In message <CAN-Dau04sWS7k6v411MWtFQFn0eq__m3y1m5Cd5Uc=
> ZrQ1jVcA at mail.gmail.com>
> David Farmer <farmer at umn.edu> wrote:
>
> >I'm pretty sure this isn't over for these guys, this is just the start of
> >their problems.
> >
> >Be patient, "the wheels of justice turn slowly, but grind exceedingly
> fine."
>
> Swell.  Unfortunately, there is still the problem that you yourself just
> raised.  What happens to the innocents when the dust finally settles on
> a mess like this?
>
> I am reminded of the old saying:  To fail to plan is to plan to fail.

I see evidence of plans, I'm not privy to all the details of them nor
should I be, but I know and trust the people we have put in place to know
and supervise such things. The Board of Trustees, I'm quite sure they would
not have invested $350,000 of member money investigating and following
through with the legal process without a plan. If you look back to last
October ARIN Staff alerted the community to issues, in the ARIN 42 Policy
Experience Report, they told us what they could at the time, but with
hindsight, it is quite clear now;

Presentation:
https://www.arin.net/vault/participate/meetings/reports/ARIN_42/PDF/PPM/sweeting-policy.pdf
Transcript:
https://www.arin.net/vault/participate/meetings/reports/ARIN_42/ppm1_transcript.html#anchor_5
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJHgs4wWO58

Furthermore, I see evidence of plans going back to at least 2009 when the
Board required Officer Attestation;
https://www.arin.net/about/corporate/agreements/attestation/

ARIN has invested at least 8 months if not longer in this case so far, and
I have confidence that there is more to the plan yet to come to fruition.

Thanks

David Farmer               Email:farmer at umn.edu
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE        Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952