[arin-ppml] Of interest?

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue May 14 21:17:48 EDT 2019

> On May 14, 2019, at 13:53 , Jimmy Hess <mysidia at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 12:28 PM William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
>>
> Ay, very interesting.
>
> I think by "precedent"  they must mean --  the publication of this result in
> the news should help deter other bad actors from trying the same shenanigans.
> The result of an arbitration does not set "legal precedent" in the
> sense regarding
> a matter of law -- that only comes from a question going to an
> appellate or other high court.

IANAL, but I believe you may have missed the implications of this phrase:

In the first arbitration ever brought under an ARIN Registration Services Agreement, and related proceedings in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, ARIN was able to prove an intricate scheme to fraudulently obtain resources had occurred which included many falsely notarized officer attestations sent to ARIN.

(emphasis mine)

Unfortunately, I don’t have and ARIN (for reasons I don’t pretend to understand) has not published case numbers that I know of.

Likely a PACER search can find them, I haven’t tried that yet.

Owen