[arin-ppml] Of interest?

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue May 14 20:01:00 EDT 2019

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 3:58 PM John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> You ask: "Was that ever in doubt?"   Not by me, but from time to time
we’ve had folks raise questions about the legal enforceability of the RSA.

> The precedent set is that the terms and conditions fo the RSA were
effectively enforced by the arbitrator’s decision, including two specific
basis for revocation: 1) RSA’s entered fraudulently may be considered as
void (and resources revoked), and 2) in the alternative, to the extent that
we consider the RSA a valid contract, then the fraudulent conduct is a
breach the RSA (also permitting revocation.)

Hmm. That seems helpful.

I'm less enthusiastic about another precedent that may have been set here -
that the scammer won't be required to make the community whole on the
resources that have already passed through his hands by the time the fraud
is halted. Unless that question is not yet settled?

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin