[arin-ppml] Micfo

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Tue May 14 19:05:07 EDT 2019

Punitive measures taken directly by ARIN, against these guys or anyone
else, need to be thought through very carefully, such measures are highly
likely to injure third parties that didn't knowingly participate in the
fraud.  If these guys were good enough to fool ARIN for a couple of years
there is no way of telling how many other companies, that were simply
looking for cheap web hosting, that have fallen into their web of deceit.
Pun intended.

Also reading between the lines, in particular, note the following quotes,
from the Team ARIN Blog post by By Stephen M. Ryan - ARIN General Counsel.

https://teamarin.net/2019/05/13/taking-a-hard-line-on-fraud/

"As a former Federal prosecutor, I was impressed with the skillful design
and tradecraft used in the fraud."

"ARIN counsel reports suspected criminal behavior to the appropriate law
enforcement agencies."

"False notarizations violate state civil and criminal laws, and using the
Internet to send those falsely notarized documents likely violate federal
laws as well."

I'm pretty sure this isn't over for these guys, this is just the start of
their problems.

Be patient, "the wheels of justice turn slowly, but grind exceedingly fine."

Thanks.

David Farmer               Email:farmer at umn.edu
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE        Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952