[arin-ppml] [EXT] Re: Open Petition for ARIN-prop-266: BGP Hijacking is an ARIN Policy Violation

Keith W. Hare Keith at jcc.com
Wed May 8 08:30:29 EDT 2019

Marilson,

Good definitions are the foundation. Without a good definition of exactly what a policy proposal (or standard) is addressing, the rest of the proposal is worthless.

In the case of the current draft of  prop-266, the term BGP Hijacking is not defined and I could not find a consistent definition of the term on the web. It seems that BGP hijacking and route hijacking might be synonyms. We’ve had a lot of discussion that has helped me understand what BGP/route hijacking is, but I’m not prepared to write a definition.

Keith