[arin-ppml] [EXT] Re: Open Petition for ARIN-prop-266: BGP Hijacking is an ARIN Policy Violation

Töma Gavrichenkov ximaera at gmail.com
Fri May 3 18:40:28 EDT 2019

On Sat, May 4, 2019 at 1:31 AM Ronald F. Guilmette
<rfg at tristatelogic.com> wrote:
> >The Internet doesn't exist, not in any legal sense...
> Now that I know, I'm going to be applying to my landline provider
> (which has also sold me "Internet service") for a BIG refund!

Marketing BS *never* counts as a proper definition.

> Also, somebody should let these people know:
>     https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
>
> Apparently, they're wasting a lot of tax dollars trying to fight "crime"
> on something which has no real legal existance.

Exactly, but unfortunately it's harder to explain it to those people
than you think.

I'm personally aware, to date, of 12 different definitions of what
"Internet" is. There may be much more of those. Some of them are
contradicting each other. You may want to stick to any of them for
whatever purpose you see, but you cannot pretend it's the only proper
definition.

--
Töma