[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2019-10: Inter-RIR M&A - Seeking Community Comments

Job Snijders job at ntt.net
Mon Jul 15 22:23:05 EDT 2019

Dear Fernando,

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 08:13:12PM -0300, Fernando Frediani wrote:
> I will comment only in one of the points, the other I believe are
> really well explained by others and it doesn't seem good to 'rain on
> the wet floor'.

I'm sorry but I don't think we can skip over some of these "objections"
without further substantiation on what the terminology actually means.

The term "fracturing the Reverse DNS zone" was coined just a few hours
ago and I don't think most people have any idea what it means. At least
I don't! :-)

I googled the term "fractured DNS", and from what I understand it is a
term used in context of alternative DNS roots (DNS roots other than
the ICANN/IANA root most of us use). I fail to see what "fractured DNS"
might mean in our current context of inter-RIR IPv6 transfers.

Kind regards,

Job