[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2019-10: Inter-RIR M&A - Seeking Community Comments

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 19:13:12 EDT 2019

I will comment only in one of the points, the other I believe are really
well explained by others and it doesn't seem good to 'rain on the wet
floor'.

On 15/07/2019 19:58, Job Snijders wrote:

>     - Readdressing is part of the business and not something prohibitive
>

> Can you elaborate? I don’t understand what the above means.
Readdressing is something that is part of the business of running a
network and a autonomous system. It is a cost that should be accounted
whenever the network operator freely chooses to make a move the imposes
renumbering. Of course the costs are not negligible but it is not a
showstopper if well planned and executed. I have done several
renumbering myself in different situations and none were so significant
that justify allowing IPv6 transfers a the cost of the mess it has the
potential do cause.

If there are practical and better options let's use them. From the few
justifications in favor of that idea I didn't see one that is strong
enough to consider allowing this type of change at this early point.

Best regards
Fernando