[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2019-2: Waiting List Block Size Restriction

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Thu Feb 28 20:16:31 EST 2019

In message <CAN-Dau3yAjwbgfySKYAz7jbMyA7RuHr4JKF+MMM+_t0NG1ZXVw at mail.gmail.com>
David Farmer <farmer at umn.edu> wrote:

>Ok, I guess it is theoretically possible there are options that are
>equivalent to retail theft detectors, with no impact on good actors.
>However, I'm not aware of any policy options with such properties, all of
>them that I can think of involve the balancing act I referred too. If you
>have ideas for policies that only impact the bad actors please share them.

Total transparency for everything.

Your university would not have a problem with that.  Nor would most
publicly-traded companies.  Nor would a majority of non-profits, I think.

As I noted earlier, it's only the privately held commercial entities that
fear transparency... many for good reasons, I'm sure.

If anyone has any doubts about what I've just said, I can only suggest that
you turn on your evening news tonight.

Regards,
rfg