[arin-ppml] [EXT] Re: Open Petition for ARIN-prop-266: BGP Hijacking is an ARIN Policy Violation

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Mon Apr 29 20:13:50 EDT 2019

In message <F04ED1585899D842B482E7ADCA581B8472A6EDAA at newserver.arneill-py.local>Michel Py <michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us> wrote:

>I'll try to be original : let's look at BGP Hijacking as a pest problem.
>What we need is Terminix. Let them do the dirty work, handle the nasty
>chemicals and clean up the corpses.

Is there a supporting stipend available for that?

If so, sign me up.

Beyond that I can only repeat what I've already said, i.e. that separating
out the authority to draw the lines on the pavement, and putting it in
the hands of one authority, and separately, putting the authority for
enforcing those same lines on the pavement isn't really workable, in
practice.  Where I am and where you are, there is really only one single
entity that has complete responsiblity for both, and it's called the State
of California government.  It isn't always pretty, and there are abudant
reasons to criticise the way that it and its departments go about their
work, but it still beats the hell out of anarchy.

Regards,
rfg