[arin-ppml] [EXT] Re: Open Petition for ARIN-prop-266: BGP Hijacking is an ARIN Policy Violation

Michel Py michel at arneill-py.sacramento.ca.us
Mon Apr 29 18:24:07 EDT 2019

> Bill Herrin wrote :
> I oppose the proposed policy, but I think it reasonable for us to occasionally
> discuss and evaluate whether ARIN should be Internet-Cop in some novel new way.

I'll try to be original : let's look at BGP Hijacking as a pest problem.
I am totally unconvinced that it's a good use of ARIN's staff time and resources to go after cockroaches individually.
It won't solve the problem. It will not be enough of a deterrent to stop future occurrences.

What we need is Terminix. Let them do the dirty work, handle the nasty chemicals and clean up the corpses.

Michel.