[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2019-4: Allow Inter-regional IPv6 Resource Transfers

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Sun Apr 7 10:57:37 EDT 2019

Let me see if I understand this sentiment that we want to discourage "forum shopping."

Are the people who say this advocating that RIRs should be insulated from any competition, that number resource users should be locked in to a particular RIR because of their geographic region (despite many of them having facilities and operations in multiple regions) and there should be no way for them to escape bad policies or extortionate fees by "voting with their feet." Did I get that right?

Whose interests does that serve?