[arin-ppml] ARIN discontinuing DNSSEC capability to legacy holders

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Oct 5 20:49:08 EDT 2018

On 5 Oct 2018, at 11:03 AM, Michael Sinatra <michael+ppml at burnttofu.net> wrote:
> That said, I am interested in hearing from David F. or John C. as to what kinds of background research is initiated when a (L)RSA is initiated.  (Sorry, I arrived at $current_employer only as the execution of the contracts was being completed.)  I know that there's a process for when a specified transfer occurs, and that process *includes* a (L)RSA, but does the (L)RSA trigger the background/history check or is it the other way around?

Michael -

Entry into a registration services agreement can only occur once the organization’s rights to the number resources have been vetted.  ARIN follows the rights from their original issuance to an organization, thru various changes (e.g. mergers/acquisitions) to the party that presently claims those rights, and this process involved verifying records regarding the legal entity (e.g. incorporation/state filing) and that the contact is authorized to represent the organization.  It is fairly rigorous, since we’d like to avoid bad actors coming in and transferring rights to address blocks that they don’t have…

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO