[arin-ppml] ARIN discontinuing DNSSEC capability to legacy holders

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Fri Oct 5 00:27:47 EDT 2018

> How exactly am I freeloading, how am I not playing “nicely with others” or “by the rules,”

Google yourself. I’ve been watching you fight to ride free because you got addresses (like most of us on this back) back from Jon directly when this was easy. The difference is that 25 years ago a new entity was created to manage this service. A number of legitimate concerns about the new contracts were raised and dealt with. But 25 years later you have nothing left to say about the contract limiting you, but you don’t want to sign it.

Any other service would have discontinued service to you years ago, and sure as hell even easy, casual Jon would have done it decades ago.

John Curran: I personally resent that 25 years later you’re still wasting significant time and money on what, ~100 assignees who refuse to come to the table. I don’t feel that our fees should go towards supporting these efforts.

I absolutely stand against providing them any further services. This horse was dead two decades ago. Bury it and them.

> how am I not operationally impacted if there’s someone out there who’s not allowed to insert a DS record into a parent zone?

I hope you are significantly operationally impacted. Nobody is required to give you anything, Bill. It wasn’t true in Jon’s day, and it’s not true now. If you won’t play the rules, there is no requirement that service is provided to you.