[arin-ppml] Revised: Draft Policy ARIN-2017-8: Amend the Definition of Community Network

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Wed Sep 20 13:51:02 EDT 2017

Kevin,

On that page (https://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/2017_8.html) the
"current version" is higher on the page and the "earlier version" is lower
on the page, below the marking;

##########

Earlier Version

##########

This is extra confusing in that both versions seem have the same version
date of 24 August 2017. I believe the "earlier version" should have a
version date of 22 August 2017, at least based on the information in
Discussion Tracking section above. I have a request into Staff asking for
this to be corrected.

For Clarity the current version of the NEW NRPM TEXT is:

"2.11 Community Network

A community network is a network organized and operated by a volunteer
group, not-for-profit, non-profit, charitable organization, or educational
institution for the purpose of providing free or low-cost connectivity, or
other Information Technology services to persons or entities within their
community. Critical functions may be handled by paid staff, but volunteers
play a large role in offering services available through community
networks."

Sorry about the confusion, hope that helps.

David Farmer               Email:farmer at umn.edu
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE        Phone: 612-626-0815 <(612)%20626-0815>
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952 <(612)%20812-9952>