[arin-ppml] 2017-3

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Nov 15 10:43:22 EST 2017

On 14 Nov 2017, at 2:54 PM, Jason Schiller <jschiller at google.com<mailto:jschiller at google.com>> wrote:

I support this policy as written but...

It fails to address one concern that was clearly voiced by more than a few people
when discussing this policy in the past on list and at public policy consultations (PPCs)
held at recent public policy meetings (PPMs):

How do we prevent resources being randomly re-assigned simple to a random contact.
Today we catch these during the annual POC validation.

The proposal floated was that all re-assign simple need to be verified by the email listed
prior to the SWIP being processed.

Will that be addressed in this proposal or in a parallel proposal?

Jason -

As that represents a fairly distinct policy requirement, it would be relatively straightforward to consider
it via a distinct policy proposal.   For avoidance of doubt, you may find information on submitting policy
proposals here - <https://www.arin.net/policy/pdp_appendix_b.html>

Thanks!
/John

John Curran