[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2017-5: Equalization of Assignment Registration requirements between IPv4 and IPv6

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Wed May 31 22:11:46 EDT 2017

On 5/31/17 10:23 AM, hostmaster at uneedus.com wrote:

> As to my IPv6 proposal regarding SWIP, based on the comments received so
> far, except for one person who totally rejected my Draft because
> changing the IPv4 standard for SWIP to more than 16 addresses from the
> current 8 addresses, everyone else responding supports changing the
> current point from a /64, or SWIP for everyone, to some level that small
> customers do not have to be SWIP'ed.

Remove all references to a policy change for IPv4 and I'm fine with
whatever IPv6 threshold ends up being. I think the current IPv6
threshold is fine. I also don't really care what the IPv6 threshold is,
so I'll leave the in depth discussion to everyone who does care. I'll
follow whatever the NRPM ends up saying the threshold is for IPv6.

But I oppose any changes to the IPv4 SWIP threshold.

~Seth