[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2017-5: Equalization of Assignment Registration requirements between IPv4 and IPv6

Larry Ash lar at mwtcorp.net
Fri Jun 2 11:06:57 EDT 2017

On Thu, 1 Jun 2017 15:56:56 +0000
  Richard J Letts <rjletts at uw.edu> wrote:
> Specifically: DMCA violation notices go to the SWIPed contacts instead of the original holder.

Sorry but that is only the theory. In practice they tend to go to the original holder. 80 to 90%
of the DMCA notices I get are on addresses that are SWIPed and should be sent to the listed contacts
but I have to handle them. (the other 10-20% I am the listed contact as all networks are SWIPed)

What the DMCA complainant knows is that in almost all cases the SWIPed contacts has no knowledge of networking
or DMCA issues. Other than for a small help in dealing with law enforcement and ARIN itself I consider the
SWIP requirement a total waste of time.

However as a good netizen and due to issues with ARIN when I requested additional ipv4 several years ago relative to
/30 and /32 assignments we SWIP all assignments in v4 down to /32

> /RjL

Larry Ash
Network Administrator
Mountain West Telephone