[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2017-5: Equalization of Assignment Registration requirements between IPv4 and IPv6

hostmaster at uneedus.com hostmaster at uneedus.com
Mon Jul 17 18:46:01 EDT 2017

The language of "b)" actually makes more sense with a /47:

Each static IPv6 assignment containing a /47 or more addresses, or
subdelegation of any size that will be individually announced, shall be
registered in the WHOIS directory via SWIP or a distributed service which
meets the standards set forth in section 3.2.

The major difference is that this language eliminates the SWIP requirement
for /48 blocks that are not announced, but all larger blocks require SWIP,
and blocks smaller than /48 are also exempt and of course
also non-routeable.

This is best for those that think SWIP should be limited to only blocks
that are individually announced.  I could go either way on this issue.

Albert Erdmann
Network Administrator
Paradise On Line Inc.