[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2017-5: Equalization of Assignment Registration requirements between IPv4 and IPv6

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Jul 13 18:11:36 EDT 2017

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 4:49 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> Consensus hasn’t yet been reached. I agree that there is significant
> support for “shorter than /56” actually (not /56 itself). Nonetheless, I
> don’t believe that shorter than /56 is the ideal place to put the boundary.

Hi Owen,

I think you're an outlier here. I see consensus that /48 should be swiped
and /56 should not. If there's debate that /52 or /49 should also not be
swiped or that a some more subtle criteria should determine what's swiped,
it's not exactly chewing up bandwidth on the mailing list.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us
Dirtside Systems ......... Web: <http://www.dirtside.com/>