[arin-ppml] 2016-3 Revisited

Jason Schiller jschiller at google.com
Tue Jan 31 11:47:51 EST 2017

Mike,

I am confused by your email.

You say "I argue that the need to pay money for IP space is sufficient pain
to avoid abuse by organizations that don’t actually need IP space."

Does than mean you would support the policy as written without the once
every six month cap limitation?

Sounds like you would also support it with the once every six month cap
limitation, but would prefer the more simpler version without the cap?
 (You will support the cap if that is what is needed to move policy in the
right direction)

Sounds like you would also support it with the demonstration of 50%
utilization of each allocation/assignment, but prefer the more simpler 6
month cap, and very much prefer the even simpler no cap? (You will support
demonstration of utilization of greater than 50% if that is what is needed
to move the policy in the right direction)

You would also support the change if it made no mention of 80% and/or 50%
utilization.

8.5.7 Alternative Additional IPv4 Address Block Criteria
In lieu of 8.5.5 and 8.5.6, organizations may qualify for a specified
transfer of IPv4 address blocks up to the smaller of either a /16 or double
their current IPv4 address holdings once every 6 months.

Is that correct?

__Jason