[arin-ppml] Revisit RPKI TAL Relying Party Agreement?

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Feb 3 14:20:59 EST 2017

On 3 Feb 2017, at 12:29 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
>> As you are aware, we provide legacy resource holders the same registry
>> services (including ability to update Whois contact info, reverse DNS, etc.)
>> that they received at ARIN’s formation, and that is done no charge and with
>> no  requirement for any agreement.
>
> Exactly. You refuse to provide new services related to legacy resource
> holdings, including RPKI. While not unreasonable in the context of
> ARIN operations, this is harmful to the RPKI efforts.

Bill -

To be clear, we offer all registry services to all resources holders under the
same terms, but I do agree that having a segment of resource holders that
do not wish to participate in the ARIN community nor support it financially
does detract somewhat from community initiatives such as RPKI.   This
is unfortunate, but seems to slowly diminishing over time via both IPv4
transfers and IPv6 deployment.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran