[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2017-8: Amend the definition of Community Network

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 14:23:59 EDT 2017

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 5:41 PM, Andrew Dul <andrew.dul at quark.net> wrote:

> Do others feel that this part of the definition could be improved too?  If so what requirements were would you like to see in the policy language.

I do not want to see ARIN have to decide (and create a formal definition of)
what a non-profit/volunteer/large org is, or how large/small you need to be.

I (believe I) have stated this before, that I think ARIN should require the org
to be validated by the countries definitions of same (something like 501(3)(c)
in the US, I presume something equivalent elsewhere).  If an org wants
to be considered a non-profit (with whatever benefits that might offer in
the future), they would provide ARIN with their national tax registration
forms.