[arin-ppml] Revised: Draft Policy ARIN-2017-5: Equalization of Assignment Registration requirements between IPv4 and IPv6

hostmaster at uneedus.com hostmaster at uneedus.com
Thu Aug 17 18:00:05 EDT 2017

While the most recent drafts have not dealt with IPv4, in the last round
there was a proposal to require registration upon request of the
downstream customer of their IPv6 assignment.

If we intend to provide that power to require registration for IPv6
customer assignments upon request, in fairness we should also use the same
language in a new 4.2.3.7.4 to allow static IPv4 customers that same
power.  I suggest /32 as the limit, as /29 or more already has required
registration.  The same problems identfied in not being able to register
assignments with ARIN for v6 are also true for v4 assignments between
those limits.

Since both protocols are still being addressed and attempts are being
made by the draft to make v6 equal or better than v4, the title should
remain.  The only thing we have done is not shift the v4 limit of /29.

Albert Erdmann
Network Administrator
Paradise On Line Inc.