[arin-ppml] Revised: Draft Policy ARIN-2017-5: Equalization of Assignment Registration requirements between IPv4 and IPv6

John Santos john at egh.com
Tue Aug 15 16:14:40 EDT 2017

I think that the "/64 or more addresses" and the "regardless of size"
are meant to convey that any netblock between a /64 and a /48 can and
should be registered if the recipient requests it, even if the block is
smaller than the /47 which would make it mandatory.  Perhaps there is
better wording that would make this clearer.

Three ranges:

 1. smaller than /64:  shouldn't be issued, can't be registered.
 2. /64 through /48: register at recipient's request
 3. /47 or larger: must be registered

I agree on dynamic assignments

Otherwise, I think this is a much clearer and better update to the
proposed policy, and can't find any other reason not to support it.
(I.E. this is a tentative vote FOR, if there is such a thing.)

--
John Santos
Evans Griffiths & Hart, Inc.