[arin-ppml] Advisory Council Meeting Results - April 2017
info at arin.net
Mon Apr 10 16:35:25 EDT 2017
In accordance with the Policy Development Process (PDP), the Advisory
Council (AC) met on 05 April 2017.
The AC has advanced the following Recommended Draft Policies to Last
Call (each will be posted separately):
* ARIN-2016-3: Alternative Simplified Criteria for Justifying Small IPv4
* ARIN-2016-9: Streamline Merger & Acquisition Transfers
The AC has advanced the following Proposal to Draft Policy status (will
be posted for discussion):
* ARIN-prop-236: Remove Reciprocity Requirement for Inter-RIR Transfers
The AC advances Proposals to Draft Policy status once they are found to
be within the scope of the PDP, and contain a clear problem statement
and suggested changes to Internet number resource policy text.
The AC abandoned the following:
Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2016-8: Removal of Indirect POC Validation
The AC provided the following statement:
"The AC abandoned Draft Policy ARIN-2016-8 for lack of support by the
ARIN community. The AC believes Whois data issues raised in this policy
should continue to be discussed and a new draft policy may emerge as a
result of that work that better addresses community concerns."
Anyone dissatisfied with this decision may initiate a petition. The
deadline to begin a petition will be five business days after the AC's
draft meeting minutes are published.
The AC is continuing to work on:
* Draft Policy ARIN-2017-1: Clarify Slow Start for Transfers
* Draft Policy ARIN-2017-2: Removal of Community Networks
* Draft Policy ARIN-2017-3: Update to NPRM 3.6: Annual Whois POC Validation
* ARIN-prop-235: Clarify Generic References to "IP Addresses" in NRPM
The PDP can be found at:
Draft Policies and Proposals under discussion can be found at:
American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
You are receiving this message because you are subscribed to
the ARIN Public Policy Mailing List (ARIN-PPML at arin.net).
Unsubscribe or manage your mailing list subscription at:
Please contact info at arin.net if you experience any issues.
More information about the ARIN-PPML