[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2015-9: Eliminating needs-based evaluation for Section 8.2 and 8.3 transfers of IPv4 netblocks

Mike Winters mwinters at edwardrose.com
Thu Feb 18 15:24:16 EST 2016

I am opposed to the proposal and think McTim sums it up very well.  Also +1 to Owen, Vaughn and Jason.

What you are suggesting is akin to saying we should legalize the sale of alcohol to minors because they are going to drink anyway, but at least we would know who is drinking so that makes it ok.
Maybe we should consider changing policy so that ARIN can recover the IP address of both organizations if they bypass policy.

Mike