[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2015-9: Eliminating needs-based evaluation for Section 8.2 and 8.3 transfers of IPv4 netblocks

Dani Roisman droisman at softlayer.com
Thu Feb 18 15:07:50 EST 2016

(resending to fix threading, sorry about that folks)

I support this re-write of the previous draft, and agree with the removal of the 8.4 language at this stage (8.4 transfers should get separate attention due to the tie-in with other RIRs).  When I defended this proposal in Montreal, I had may people come up to me after the session had ended who expressed their support.

I would ask that those of you who *do* think the time has come to shift ARIN focus away from an inhibiting role, and instead prioritize accurate documentation of IPv4 market-induced transfers, please speak up now.  The ARIN AC and membership needs to hear views of not only those opposed to this proposal.

----
Dani Roisman