[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2015-9: Eliminating needs-based evaluation for Section 8.2, 8.3, and 8.4 transfers of IPv4 netblocks

Radu Anghel eu at smellmysocks.net
Sun Sep 27 06:23:16 EDT 2015

On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 9:14 PM, Elvis Daniel Velea <elvis at velea.eu> wrote:
> One more thing regarding the moving bits businesses..
>
> the fact that service providers are willing to route blocks which are not
> reflected in the registry indicates (at some level) support for more
> transfer-friendly policies, even if they are not advocating for changes on
> this list...
>
> my 2 cents,
> elvis

In my opinion routing blocks that are not properly registered in IRRs
isn't advocating for anything, it might be a sign of clueless/careless
SP or a bad guy in sheep's clothes. At most, if they really must be
advocating something, it's probably RPKI and similar stuff.

On the same logic I might say that because some people steal they are
indirectly in support for more theft-friendly laws, even if they don't
state their wishes directly to the law makers.

+0.02 EUR ;)

Radu