[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2015-9: Eliminating needs-based evaluation for Section 8.2, 8.3, and 8.4 transfers of IPv4 netblocks

Elvis Daniel Velea elvis at velea.eu
Sat Sep 26 15:11:56 EDT 2015

Owen,

On 25/09/15 20:24, Owen DeLong wrote:
> Please provide the metrics on which you base this assertion. How was
> RIPE-NCC accuracy measured prior to the policy change and to what
> extent was it improved as a result of this policy change. What
> mechanism was used to determine that the measured increase in accuracy
> was the result of the particular policy abandoning needs-based evaluation?

just have a look at the number of transfers pre-2013-03 and the number
of transfers after the policy proposal was implemented.

Basically, transfers via the RIPE NCC (recorded in the registry) have
become the standard for everyone in the RIPE region, financial artifices
have not been used anymore (as far as I know) once the need-based
barrier has been removed.

cheers,
elvis