[arin-ppml] 11 Proposals Under Consideration

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Fri Sep 25 17:13:35 EDT 2015

There are currently 11 proposals under various stages of consideration
and development in the ARIN Policy Development Process;

>   Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2015-1: Modification to Criteria for IPv6 Initial End-User Assignments
>   Draft Policy ARIN-2015-2: Modify 8.4 (Inter-RIR Transfers to Specified Recipients)
>   Draft Policy ARIN-2015-3: Remove 30 day utilization requirement in end-user IPv4 policy
>   Recommended Draft Policy ARIN-2015-4: Modify 8.2 section to better reflect how ARIN handles reorganizations
>   Draft Policy ARIN-2015-5: Out of region use
>   Draft Policy ARIN-2015-6: Transfers and Multi-national Networks
>   Draft Policy ARIN-2015-7: Simplified requirements for demonstrated need for IPv4 transfers
>   Draft Policy ARIN-2015-8: Reassignment records for IPv4 End-Users
>   Draft Policy ARIN-2015-9: Eliminating needs-based evaluation for Section 8.2, 8.3, and 8.4 transfers of IPv4 netblocks
>   Draft Policy ARIN-2015-10: Minimum IPv6 Assignments
>   Draft Policy ARIN-2015-11: Remove transfer language which only applied pre-exhaustion of IPv4 pool

For details on any of theses please see;
https://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/

It would be helpful if everyone takes the time to review and comment on
all the proposals.  I have seen lots of activity on one particular
proposal in the last few days, this is good.  However, anyone who has
commented multiple time on this same proposals, it would be very helpful
if you would also take the time to review and comment on the other
proposals as well.

Thank you.

David Farmer               Email: farmer at umn.edu
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE     Phone: 1-612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029  Cell: 1-612-812-9952