[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2015-9: Eliminating needs-based evaluation for Section 8.2, 8.3, and 8.4 transfers of IPv4 netblocks

Steven Ryerse SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com
Fri Sep 25 15:05:03 EDT 2015

From Owen’s Comments below: “What inequity?   You haven’t yet shown one.”

With run-out here, it is time to turn that around.  You need to prove that Needs Testing is still needed in the post Run-Out period.  Everything has changed and it is a different Internet world we are now living in.  Since removal of Needs Testing has NOT been tried in this RIR, you are just guessing what the effect on available resources will be.

Elvis made a pretty good argument in this thread that Needs Testing is no longer needed.  He describes what is happening in real life with resources in other RIR’s which counter your argument – and it is not a guess.  It’s pretty obvious that if needs testing goes away, Legacy blocks will become much more available to anyone who needs them, and as Elvis indicated the Database will become much more accurate.

When any small Organization requesting a very small amount of resources is completely denied resources because of arbitrary “policy”, ARIN has done the opposite of the Mission it was founded to perform!  As I said the time has come to fix this inequity and embrace the new Internet world we are now in.

Steven Ryerse
President
100 Ashford Center North, Suite 110, Atlanta, GA  30338
770.656.1460 - Cell
770.399.9099- Office

        Conquering Complex Networks℠