[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2015-9: Eliminating needs-based evaluation for Section 8.2, 8.3, and 8.4 transfers of IPv4 netblocks

Dani Roisman droisman at softlayer.com
Thu Sep 24 21:20:49 EDT 2015

| Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 16:53:59 -0400
| From: ARIN <info at arin.net>
| To: arin-ppml at arin.net
| Subject: [arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2015-9: Eliminating needs-based
| 	evaluation for Section 8.2, 8.3, and 8.4 transfers of IPv4 netblocks
|
| Draft Policy ARIN-2015-9
| Eliminating needs-based evaluation for Section 8.2, 8.3, and 8.4
| transfers of IPv4 netblocks
|
| On 17 September 2015 the ARIN Advisory Council (AC) accepted
| "ARIN-prop-223 Eliminating needs-based evaluation for Section 8.2, 8.3,
| and 8.4 transfers of IPv4 netblocks" as a Draft Policy.
|
| Draft Policy ARIN-2015-9 is below and can be found at:
| https://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/2015_9.html

Greetings,

There has been some stimulating dialog about the merits of 2015-9.  I'd like to ask that in addition to any overall support or lack thereof, you also review the policy language and comment specifically on the changes proposed:
a) For those of you generally in support of this effort, are there any refinements to the changes made which you think will improve this should these policy changes be implemented?
b) For those of you generally opposed to this effort, are there any adjustments to the policy changes which, if implemented, would gain your support?

--
Dani Roisman