[arin-ppml] Support for 2015-5 (Expand permitted out-of-region use of IPv4 space)

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Sep 15 21:37:06 EDT 2015

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 8:56 PM, Jon Lewis <jlewis at lewis.org> wrote:
> Are we to wait for a new RIR to incorporate to service the moon if someone
> wants to put an IPv4 network on the moon thats reachable from earth's IPv4
> Internet?  It's out of every RIR's region.  "Sorry, you can't take our IPs
> there."

Hi Jon,

All space vehicles (and airplanes and ships) are in one or another
terrestrial country's legal jurisdiction. Your moon base would fly the
flag of a country in one of the RIR's jurisdictions.

Should science fiction slide towards science reality and we start
having nations on the moon, mars and in the asteroid belt, AFAIK ARIN
is still the default registry for nations not claimed by another RIR.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us