[arin-ppml] Support for 2015-5 (Expand permitted out-of-region use of IPv4 space)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Sep 15 21:27:18 EDT 2015

On Sep 15, 2015, at 8:56 PM, Jon Lewis <jlewis at lewis.org> wrote:

> Are we to wait for a new RIR to incorporate to service the moon if someone wants to put an IPv4 network on the moon thats reachable from earth's IPv4 Internet?  It's out of every RIR's region.  "Sorry, you can't take our IPs there.”

As noted in my reply to David earlier, use of number resources is entirely up to the recipient; ARIN
cannot/does not control how or where parties route number resources issued to them.

Use of number resources outside the region can impact future requests to receive address space
either from ARIN’s free pool or via transfer (although the former will shortly become a moot point.)

/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN