[arin-ppml] ARIN-PPML 2015-2

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Sun May 31 22:13:43 EDT 2015

On 5/31/2015 6:10 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:

>> On May 31, 2015, at 3:45 PM, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu
>> <mailto:mueller at syr.edu>> wrote:
>>
>> Owen,
>> I am not buying the argument that this has anything to do with
>> anti-flipping. We are talking about internal transfers – movement to
>> another arm of the same company. That’s not flipping, that’s moving
>> numbers around the same entity’s network.
>
> As stated… The concern is the potential for A->B->Money lather, rinse,
> repeat.

Please explain why this matters one bit after ARIN no longer has a free
pool from which the addresses might be coming.

I will note that there's really no stopping addresses from being used
anywhere by anyone... all we're talking about is whether or not ARIN
will be recording this in their database.

Matthew Kaufman