[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2015-2: Modify 8.4 (Inter-RIR Transfers to Specified Recipients)

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue May 26 18:23:59 EDT 2015

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 6:05 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> The reason for regional registries was not intended for policy
>  purposes, but for administrative convenience for those requesting
> resources (such as local hours and language support)

Hi John,

If you propose that the registries' structure is intended to offer IP
addressing "flags of convenience" comparable to what happens with
international shipping, please say so plainly. That approach would
certainly justify ITU setting up shop as a sixth world-level registry
serving governments and international telephony organizations.

If that's not your intention, then I frankly have no idea what the
quoted statement is supposed to mean and would invite you to clarify
it further.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us