[arin-ppml] Fraud reporting question

Michael Peddemors michael at linuxmagic.com
Tue Jun 23 21:04:20 EDT 2015

On 15-06-23 02:11 PM, Richard Jimmerson wrote:
> If you have submitted a report in the last fourteen days, you should
> hear back from us shortly. You are also welcome to contact us via our
> telephone help-desk for status information.
>

>     3) why can't I submit a fraud report if I'm logged in to ARIN
>     online? Claiming it's about anonymity is questionable when any
>     complainant has to provide contact info anyway!
>

> Tickets submitted in ARIN Online are visible to other points of contact
> associated with the same organization. We require users submit fraud
> reports outside of ARIN Online for that reason. Even so, users should
> still be able to submit information using the fraud reporting tool
> without having to log out of ARIN Online. We will take a closer look to
> make sure that is working.

This brings up a good and interesting point.  Should the door be opened
to discussions regarding letting 'fraud' reports be open to the public,
including ARIN's progress and handling of such reports?

Having an open nature to such reports, will ensure that there is no
suspicion of reports being ignored, swept under the rug, or not handled
in accordance with ARIN's policies and guidelines.

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."