[arin-ppml] ARIN-PPML 2015-2

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Jun 5 13:10:19 EDT 2015

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 12:57 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> On Jun 5, 2015, at 12:41 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 12:22 PM, Richard J. Letts <rjletts at uw.edu> wrote:
>>> If that is the case, then ARIN/We should update inter-RIR policies to only
>>> allow transfers to registries that have substantially similar transfer
>>> policies.
>>
>> The plain language of the transfer policies already requires that.
>
>> It's an enforcement problem: ARIN is permitting transfers anyway. I
>> don't know what we can do about it save wagging fingers at John
>> Curran.

> The current policy provides for transfers to “_RIRs_ who agree to the transfer and share
> reciprocal, compatible, needs-based policies”…  The policies of NIRs, ISPs or LIRs are
> not a factor of the determination, only the RIR’s policies (which must be reciprocal,
> compatible, and needs-based.)

John,

How you can consider APNIC's policies to be reciprocal and compatible
when they operate via noncomplaint NIRs escapes me. What words do you
need to do the job we asked of you? If you'll tell me what words you
would need to actually enforce this policy, I'll be happy to advance
them in a proposal.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us