[arin-ppml] ARIN-PPML 2015-2

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Jun 5 12:57:28 EDT 2015

On Jun 5, 2015, at 12:41 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 12:22 PM, Richard J. Letts <rjletts at uw.edu> wrote:
>> If that is the case, then ARIN/We should update inter-RIR policies to only
>> allow transfers to registries that have substantially similar transfer
>> policies.
>
> Hi Richard,
>
> The plain language of the transfer policies already requires that.

> It's an enforcement problem: ARIN is permitting transfers anyway. I
> don't know what we can do about it save wagging fingers at John
> Curran.

Bill -

The current policy provides for transfers to “_RIRs_ who agree to the transfer and share
reciprocal, compatible, needs-based policies”…  The policies of NIRs, ISPs or LIRs are
not a factor of the determination, only the RIR’s policies (which must be reciprocal,
compatible, and needs-based.)

FYI,
/John

John Curran