[arin-ppml] ARIN-PPML 2015-2

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Mon Jun 1 16:42:13 EDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 4:33 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> Registry information is often used as evidence in legal matters, but that
> does not support your assertion that “a registration is most emphatically
> intended to confer upon the registrant the right to -exclude- others' use
> of those numbers within the routing infrastructure on the public Internet”

Hell John, when we get an ARIN registration, who here do you think is
asking "pretty please" to be the exclusive user? Seriously!

> Do you have any actual examples of someone enforcing this alleged
> right in court?

I don't have any examples of anybody violating it long enough to
bother with the effort of taking them to court. The violations tend to
get shut down pretty quickly after the rights-holder notices. It's
just that obvious.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us