[arin-ppml] ARIN-PPML 2015-2

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Jun 1 15:33:00 EDT 2015

On Jun 1, 2015, at 2:50 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us<mailto:bill at herrin.us>> wrote:
A registration is most emphatically intended to confer upon the
registrant the right to -exclude- others' use of those numbers within
the routing infrastructure on the public Internet.

Bill -

if you think that there’s a legal obligation on the ISPs to follow the registry,
then please provide a citation...  As I noted, we could indeed create such
an obligation as part of the registry services agreement, but it is rather
unclear why that would be desirable (and would significantly change the
voluntary cooperative nature of the system.)

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO