[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal Idea: Reassignment records for IPv4 End-Users

Michael Peddemors michael at linuxmagic.com
Tue Jul 14 16:16:29 EDT 2015

Well, this proposal scares me..

Similar to what is alluded to below, ARIN has a hard enough time getting
the ISP's to properly SWIP usage..

And allowing end users to SWIP might even set the stage for more abuse.

I could see spammers changing the SWIP daily to their advantage.. (oh,
that was a different guy) even if they had to pay.

We already have a 'rwhois' system that can be used to address the
problem suggested.. No reason why an ISP can't create a 'rwhois' system
for their customers

And yes, needs justification in this case, it would increase the ARIN
workload I believe..

I think ARIN just has to put more teeth into getting members to use
proper 'rwhois' first..

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."